Samaritan’s Palliative Medical Partners medical practice is here to help you and your family achieve the best quality of life from the time of diagnosis and through treatments aimed at managing your serious illness.
In collaboration with other physicians on your healthcare team, our board-certified physicians and palliative-trained nurse practitioners provide inpatient and outpatient consultations in settings across South Jersey.
Jefferson (fka Kennedy Health System), Lourdes Health System, Virtua, and Saint John of God Community Services have named Samaritan as their preferred provider of palliative care for their patients. Ongoing discussions continue with other regional health systems, long-term care facilities, and healthcare practices.
Samaritan wants to help relieve the effects of serious illness or treatments such as pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, nausea, loss of appetite, anxiety, and/or difficulty sleeping
• To work with, not replace, your physician’s treatment plan
• To help you and your family understand your condition and the choices open to you every step of the way
• To provide relief from your pain and symptoms so you have more strength to tolerate treatments
• To help increase your energy level so you can enjoy doing what’s most important to you
Palliative care promotes your best quality of life – as you define it.
• Consultations and follow-up visits with our nurses and doctors
• Assessment and treatment plan recommendations
• Support for medical decision-making
• Consultations in office or hospital
• Consultation with your physician(s)